Learning Support Assistant (Autism Support) – Warrington
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can make a real difference?
Justteachers are currently working on behalf of a Special School in Warrington, who are looking to recruit a full time learning support assistant to work with primary aged children with autism. The school highly recognised in the North West as a school which provides excellent provision for children with Autism. The school has a passionate and dedicated team who collaboratively provide a caring and nurturing learning environment.
Justteachers are keen to speak to people who has experience working with children with autism. Whilst classroom knowledge is desirable, if you have experience we would love to hear from you!
The right candidate will be:
• Proactive and willing to fully immerse themselves in daily school life
• Personable, calm and patient
• Have an understanding of challenging behaviour
• Have a genuine interest with enhancing the well-being of young people
Ideally you will have;
• First-hand experience of working with children with Autism
• A teaching assistant qualification or degree is desirable
It would be advantageous if you have experience using PECS, BSL, Makaton or other alternative communication methods.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.