Teacher of English
We are looking to recruit an English Teacher on a Temporary to Permanent contact for one of our partner Academies based in Leyland.
The successful candidate must be able to plan challenging and engaging lessons and have strong behaviour management in the classroom. We are looking for someone with excellent subject knowledge, a passionate and driven attitude for education who can contribute to maintaining and exceeding school expectations.
The school’s ambition is to encourage and support their students in every aspect of school life, they set high expectations and inspire them to achieve the best possible outcomes by providing high quality teaching and a safe learning environment.
You will be joining a well-established department with a wealth of experience among its existing staff therefore if you are a Newly Qualified Teacher or an Aspiring Leader the school are able to offer support, guidance and career progression.
- Plan and deliver strong, engaging classes to prepare pupils
- Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals, establishing high expectations of behaviour and attainment, so that teaching objectives are met
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupil’s progress and participating in departmental meetings, parent’s evenings and whole school training events
- Outstanding classroom management and inter-personal skills
The ideal candidate must have:
- An excellent knowledge of the UK national curriculum
- A clear DBS disclosure that’s registered on the online update service
- 2 recent references that can be verified
- Be capable of taking on a challenging yet rewarding role
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Experience teaching KS3/4 Students
- Be committed to work the full duration of the contract
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.