SEMH Teaching Assistant
We are on the search for a Teaching Assistant with experience in working with pupils with BESD and SEMH needs to place in one of our partnered schools in York.
The ideal candidate will be a calm, patient and professional individual with the intention of encouraging educational progress as well as personal and social development through consistent support and praise.
The candidate must be confident working 1:1 with students whilst developing a strong rapport with and understanding the needs of the student.
This is an extremely rewarding role and could really help to make a positive difference.
Are you available immediately? We would love to hear from you!
To be eligible you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with children with social and emotional needs
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
- An observant and responsive approach
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Knowledge of Individual Education/Behavioural plans
For all applicants we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hard-working Consultants
- Capability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour or complex learning difficulties – team teach training
- An opportunity to extend your professional development
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- Recommend a friend Bonus
To browse similar roles please visit our website (www.justteachers.co.uk) or call 0800 832243 and speak to the Skipton team.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.