Experienced SEMH Teacher (PRU)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced SEMH Teacher within a pupil referral unit in Central Manchester.
The school has recently been graded “Good” by Ofsted due to its management, progress of pupils and creation of a happy environment.
We are seeking to appoint a confident and motivated teacher who is passionate about improving the lives of pupils who have been excluded or at risk of permanent exclusion from their education.
This position provides education for children with emotional, behavioural and social difficulties at secondary level.
This position is easily accessible on all public transport routes.
Teachers will be expected to:
- Have a strong, supportive and motivational ethos in teaching pupils with emotional, behavioural and social difficulties
- Have strong classroom management skills and be able to de-escalate behavioural issues
- Be able to build relationships effectively with hard to reach pupils
- Be able to see behind pupil behaviour and implement effective behavioural management strategies that impacts learning
- An ability to facilitate a safe and positive learning environment
- Experience teaching subjects such as Maths, English, Business Studies and ICT but with a willingness to teach other subjects
If this sounds like the role for you, please call today on 0161 850 0130 or submit your details online. If you are looking for something specific we would also like to hear from you.
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.