Ex Service Personnel Needed – Wakefield
Due to a growing demand in Wakefield justteachers are looking to recruit Ex Service Personel. Over the last 12 months we have had success placing retired police officers and ex-army personnel in a variety of roles and provide the necessary training for those interested.
We currently require a number of candidates who are looking for a new opportunity in a civilian role. You would be supporting young adults from a range of socio-economic backgrounds and behavioural needs, you must be enthusiastic and willing to work closely with the different departments in maintaining or exceeding school expectations.
It would be advantageous if you have had experience as an instructor or leading a class but this is not essential.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be Ex-Regular members of UK Armed Forces or Police
- Be fully discharged
- Have as a minimum level 2 qualification in Maths & English
- Be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS
- Be able to provide two references to cover the last two years
- Provide one to one mentoring to students
- Work closely with members of staff to raise student’s attainment and attendance
- Support pupils with their learning, social care and personal development
- Implement action plans created by the school and develop the students in line with the individual action plan
- Identify needs of the pupils, assess those people needing extra support.
- Assist with class cohesion
- Take responsibility for collating students records including pupil achievement, attendance and monitoring.
- Undertake any additional training provided
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of young adults.
For the right candidate we can also offer you our guaranteed pay scheme, please register now to find out more about this and many more opportunities
*** As an agency we pay £50 for every teacher referral so if you know a teacher who is looking for teaching work in the West Yorkshire area please let us know.**
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.