PMLD Support Assistant
Subject: PMLD Support
justteachers benefits: excellent rates of pay, a dedicated consultant, a contributory pension scheme. Access to safeguarding training and ongoing support & development.
Justteachers is currently looking for PMLD support workers to work with students with additional needs across the Greater Manchester area.
Experience in education is not always necessary but a passion and dedication to learn on the job is.
If you have experience working with profound and multiple learning difficulties either in a care or education setting then please get in touch.
Ideally you will:
• Have experience working in SEND schools with a range of needs from PMLD – MLD
• Are comfortable working in Special Needs Provision with disabled and vulnerable children
• Possess a Team Teach or equivalent certificate
• Can use Makaton, PECs, BSL or other methods of communication
• Provide a minimum of 2 references to cover the last 2 years and have a DBS on the update service
• Are available for interviews / observations / trial days
• Be able to work as part of a team and support the ethos of a school
• Be flexible, creative and have an active interest in working with SEND pupils
As a member of justteachers you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will work to match you to your ideal school/role. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.