justteachers are seeking classroom assist to work in a specialist day and residential college for students aged 16-25 years with learning difficulties and disabilities and/or behavioural and social difficulties. The college is based in Southport on west coast of Lancashire. . Individual College programmes of day or residential support are available as either 38 or 52 week placements for up to a three year period and are subject to regular reviews to ensure student needs are being met. The focus is to ensure that learners are prepared for independent adult life as much as is possible.
The college provides an inclusive communication environment that’s supports learners with their individualised communication needs. This includes spoken, words, signing, symbols and both high and low tech AAC Systems.
The college are now looking for a qualified experienced Classroom Assistant to work with students in a range of settings. You may be required to work on a 1:1 basis with students on an academic and vocational basis. You must be prepared to support students with personal care routines as needed. A full driving licence would be desirable.
A fill time role with be 35 hours a week and a part time role is to be agreed
? Support for Pupils
- Under the general supervision and direction of the class teacher to implement structured learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils.
- To undertake activities in order to monitor the personal, social and emotional needs of pupils.
- To develop positive relationships with pupils to promote pupil progress and attainment.
- To assist in the devising of pupil’s individual targets and their monitoring and review.
- Support pupils as part of a planned inclusion programme.
- To implement specific programmes with individual pupils or groups appropriate to the developmental needs of individual throughout different curriculum areas.
- To assist in the development of varying skills that support pupils’ learning.
- To assist in the specific medical/care needs of pupils when specific training has been undertaken.
Essential Qualifications, experience and Knowledge
- NVQ level 3 or above qualification –appropriate to the post (or equivalent)
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in English/Literacy and Mathematics/Numeracy
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
- Ability to operate at a level of understanding and competence equivalent to NVQ Level 3 standard
Desirable Qualifications, experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working with pupils with SEN
- Experience of working in a relevant classroom/service environment
- Experience of Administrative work
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience of working in EYFS
- Ability to relate well to children
- Ability to supervise and assist pupils
- Time management skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to make effective use of ICT
- Flexible attitude to work
For all applicants we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants
- An opportunity to extend your professional development
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
Recommend a friend Bonus
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.