ESBD Tutor – Wigan
Subject: ESBD Tutor
justteachers benefits: excellent rates of pay, a dedicated consultant, a contributory pension scheme. Access to safeguarding training and ongoing support & development.
We are seeking two inspiring and committed individuals who are looking for a new and rewarding role in their teaching career. If you have experience in teaching Maths and English up to Level 2/ GCSE, good behaviour management and want to make a difference – we would love to hear from you.
You will establish close relationships with other members of the Senior Management Team to ensure that each school is inspection-ready at all times within an Outstanding provision.
Our client is a multi-sited company, with each school registered with the Department of Education as an Independent School. They specialise in teaching KS3 and 4 students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education. They offer an alternative curriculum to meet the needs of each student on an individual basis.
Young people often come to the centres disengaged, with a lack of motivation for learning. Your role will involve leading a committed team of teachers who provide functional skills and vocational teaching, whilst encouraging learners to develop as people.
The successful candidate will be a confident individual with excellent communication skills and a great sense of humour. Resilience is also essential.
Justteachers are committed to child protection and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all candidates to share the same passion and commitment to Education as we do.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check (DBS) under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Acts 1974.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Set high expectations which inspires, motivates and challenges all students
• Provide a safe and stimulating environment that stretches and challenges all students to reach and fulfil their full potential
• Demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour
• Have outstanding subject and curriculum knowledge
• Have a secure knowledge of the relevant subjects, including a critical understanding
• Have a high standard of English and Maths and the ability to deliver this to students of all levels of ability. Embed Reading, Writing and Communication and, where appropriate,
Mathematics exceptionally well across the curriculum, equipping all pupils with the necessary skills to make progress
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students
• Promote Outstanding progress and outcomes by students
• Be accountable for students’ attainment, progression and outcomes
• Plan and build on student knowledge and capabilities
• Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment at all times
• Provide parents with clear and timely updates of their child’s progression
• Challenge stereotypes and derogatory language effectively and support students to become valued citizens
As a member of justteachers you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will work to match you to your ideal school/role. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.