Train to be a Cover Supervisor
Justteachers are running Cover Supervisor course in Peterborough. If you are a teaching assistant, graduate or looking for a new role in Secondary Education please register your interest by applying to this job advert and/or calling 0800 832243.
If you are looking into becoming a teacher or doing a PGCE in the future, this course is the perfect opportunity for you to get started and see if the job is right for you. The course will give you an insight into how schools are run on a day to day basis and information and behaviour management techniques.
We are looking for graduates that are interested in becoming a Cover Supervisor within Secondary schools in Peterborough and surrounding areas. The course will give you the skill sets and knowledge you need to work in the classroom as well. If you have had any experience working with children in any other kind of setting it would be an advantage.
As a cover supervisor you need to be able to manage behaviour across the class and ensure that the children are on task with the work set, if you have a specific subject specialism then that would be brilliant but is not essential.
We work with a number of schools in Peterborough and the surrounding areas who work exclusively with justteachers. We can offer a mixture of settings for you to gain plenty of experience, these settings include: Grammar Schools, mixed comprehensive, Special Educational Needs schools, Pupil Referral Units and other alternative education sites.
Role as a cover supervisor:
- To work under the guidance of teaching staff, within an agreed system of supervision to implement work programmes, including 1:1 supervision
- Managing the behaviour of pupils in a classroom environment
- Using your leadership skills to guide different groups of students
- Covering a variety of lessons within KS3 and KS4
- Offers good communication and able to inspire and motivate pupils
- Collecting any complete work after the lesson
- Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the School Policy and Procedures
The ideal candidate:
- You may have just graduated from University and want to gain crucial experience before applying for your PGCE.
- May be FE trained and looking to get into teaching at a Secondary level
- Have a commitment to pupils and supporting them in progressing and achieving grades
- Be flexible in receiving work on a day to day basis
- Have own transport (not essential but desirable)
Working for Justteachers you can expect to receive the following:
- competitive pay/negotiable pay on experience
- Rewarding teaching service
- Friendly personal team/ Consultants who understand you
- Open hours service from 6am-10pm / On call service
- Long standing relationships with clients/exclusive relationships with clients
- Organised structure, with candidates needs always at heart
- No timesheets/ in house pay roll service
As an agency we pay £50 for every teacher referral so if you know a teacher who is looking to teach supply then please let us know. Please apply for this role and to find out about more of our teaching jobs.