English teacher required for SEMH school in Norwich
Justteachers are looking for a teacher of English that is looking for an exciting new challenge working with students with Social, Emotional Mental Health difficulties (SEMH). We are looking for experienced SEMH Teachers that specialise or are highly experienced working with children with emotional behavioural disorders (EBD), social emotional mental health difficulties (SEMH) and other challenging behaviour.
The school is a friendly, inclusive designated specialist provision is currently seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to start in their school as soon as possible. We work with various schools throughout Norfolk, ranging from Primary and secondary accommodating for pupils with Social Emotional, Mental Health and Behavioural Difficulties who struggle to access mainstream education. Pupils may also have a statement of Special Educational Needs. This is a full time role to work in the classrooms with the students, and with the other teaching assistants. Working with vulnerable students who need extra support is a very rewarding career, watching the students grow and reach their goals with your help is very fulfilling. The successful applicant will have a patient and caring disposition; with the ability quickly build meaningful relationships with students and their staff team, as well as the ability to remain resilient when dealing with the challenging behaviour these children present.
As a SEMH teacher you will be required to work with extremely challenging students across all ages in one of our SEMH schools. It is a new school who are looking to add to their team.
- PGCE with QTS (desirable)
- Experience teaching English at secondary stage
- Experience and understanding of SEMH needs
- Able to work in challenging settings
- De-escalate challenging behaviour effectively
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to assist in delivering enthusiastic and engaging lessons
- Knowledge and experience of working with ESBD/SEMH challenges
- Previous experience in an SEND environment
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and requirements
- Team teach experience (although this can be provided)
- An outstanding track record in classroom assistance along with being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
- Hold a current enhanced DBS (child and adult checked) on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
- Two up to date references that can be verified
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficulty in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively you can call us directly on 0800 832 243
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.