Residential Support Workers required ASAP
Will you strive to bring the best in every young person?
justteachers are looking for passionate and dedicated support workers to work with children and young adults with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The school caters on a residential and day basis, supporting secondary aged boys who may have had difficulties to be successful with mainstream education.
All the pupils within the setting have an EHCP (Education Health Care Plan) and have difficulties associated with their academic, social, emotional and behavioural development.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a sense of humour
- Be patient, sociable and empathetic in order to establish good relationships with our young people based on confidence, trust, understanding and mutual respect
- Be prepared to deal with challenging behaviour which may be exhibited by a young person at any time for any number of reasons
- Contribute towards social and emotional reports
- Be involved in staff training
- Be responsible for key children
- Be flexible with working hours
- Have the ability to provide pupils with counselling and reassurance
- Need to maintain confidentiality
- Have experience working with young people with ESBD, SEMH, ASC
- Have their own car (desirable)
Key Roles / Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Providing levels of care and support appropriate to the general needs of the children and those as outlined in their Statements of Special Educational Needs and their Care Plans
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in accordance with the schools ‘Child Protection Policy’
- Establishing warm, caring and professional relationships with the pupil in their care.
- Providing organised and structured recreational clubs and activities for the development of the children
- Being a Key Worker for a pupil or small group of pupils offering appropriate levels of support, guidance and care
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and reviews relating to individual children or groups of children
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.