Sign Language Specialists – Stockport
Subject: Sign Language TAs
justteachers benefits: excellent rates of pay, a dedicated consultant, a contributory pension scheme. Access to safeguarding training and ongoing support & development.
Justteachers are working closely with a number of clients in Stockport, Tameside and South Manchester that are looking for Teaching Assistants with experience using Sign Language. This could be: BSL, Makaton, Signalong or other forms of language and communication skills.
The client is looking for candidates that will get involved, be enthusiastic and passionate about improving the SEMH needs and Communication skills of children with hearing impairments. You will be based within resource provisions, mainstream schools, alternative provisions and SEND schools. Flexibility and resilience is a must.
Ideally you will:
• Have experience working with Hearing or Visual Impairments
• Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification – Level 2 or above in education or health and social care
• Can use PECS, BSL, Makaton or other alternative communication methods
• Have experience or a desire to gain more experience working with SEND
• Be a valuable member of a team and contribute where necessary
• Hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate that is on the update service – or be willing to apply for one
As a member of justteachers you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will work to match you to your ideal school/role. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
To apply now submit your details below or call us on 0161 850 0310
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.