SEN Teacher with Maths Specialism – KS2, KS3 and KS4
We are currently working on behalf of one of our partner SEN schools who are looking to appoint a Maths specialist teacher.
The school caters for children aged 7-19, who have an EHCP in place which makes reference to Social and Emotional difficulties, they also cater for additional complex needs, most commonly ADHD, ASH and Specific Learning Difficulties.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding practitioner who provides stimulating learning opportunities within a rich and diverse curriculum
- Skilled in the ability to deliver within our Primary model
- Have a proven record in supporting students to be successful in gaining qualifications in Maths, such as Entry Level, Functional Skills and GCSE
- Able to plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable SEMH students to learn
- Skilled at differentiating lessons to meet students’ needs including the provision of appropriate challenges
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of and interest in dyscalculia and have organisational skills and experience to be the subject lead in Maths
- Teach all students to the highest standard, and according to their educational needs, ensuring that they are well prepared for internal and external exams
- Highly motivated and able to contribute to collaborative working across the school
This is a fantastic opportunity; this is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficultly in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively you can call us directly on 0800832243