Palliative Care Workers
Subject: Palliative Care Workers
justteachers benefits: excellent rates of pay, a dedicated consultant, a contributory pension scheme. Access to safeguarding training and ongoing support & development.
Justteachers are supporting a school in Trafford who have children with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
We are looking for candidates to work in a support capacity with children who may have end of life plans, severe medical needs and will need support with personal care.
This kind of work can be upsetting for people who have not experienced it before so someone with a caring and resilient nature would be ideal.
If you have experience providing palliative care, additional needs care, or have experience working in hospitals or other care settings with people with additional needs then please get in touch. Provided that we are able to reference you in line with our clearance policy we are confident that we will be able to find you an ideal role.
Ideally you will:
• Have experience working in a care setting with additional needs
• Have experience working with end of life plans, care plans or EHCPs
• Are comfortable providing personal care, feeding and/or changing where required
• Can use PECS, BSL, Makaton or other alternative communication methods
• Have experience working with different SEND
• Be a valuable member of a team and contribute where necessary
• Have a Child workforce DBS or be willing to apply for one (ESSENTIAL)
• Be flexible, creative and have an active interest in working with children and young people who have statements for additional needs.
As a member of justteachers you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will work to match you to your ideal school/role. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
To apply now submit your details below or call us on 0161 850 0310
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.