Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant
Justteachers are seeking specialist behaviour support staff to work in a secondary special school in the Keighley area. This role will involve supporting individuals a range of behaviour and SEND needs such as ESBD, SEMH, ASC, ADHD.
Experience of special educational needs is an advantage but not essential. We will happily consider candidates with transferable skills and a passion for children and young people with Special Educational needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The positions available range from day to day bookings, long term, temporary & permanent employment.
In order to be successful for the roles it is essential that you have an awareness of de-escalation strategies and Positive behaviour techniques.
- Provide one to one and small group support
- Work closely with members of staff to raise students attainment and attendance
- Support pupils with their learning, social care and personal development
- Follow pupils EHCP’s and action plans
- Undertake any additional training provided
- Use a range of communication techniques e.g. basic Makaton
- Using positive behaviour strategies