SEN Teaching Assistants required in the Norfolk area.
justteachers is currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work on an ad-hoc basis with a number of our partner SEN, EBD and mainstream schools located in Norfolk and the surrounding areas. Catering for students between the ages of 2 and 19 with moderate to severe/profound learning difficulties and complex needs. Also working with both primary and secondary students who may have mild SEN needs and are in mainstream education.
The students’ needs are extremely wide ranging; a large majority are on the autistic spectrum, with others having Emotional and Behavioural needs, ADHD, PDA and varying degrees of developmental delay, and some with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience working within the age range 2-1
- An excellent knowledge of or supporting of the UK national curriculum.
- Experience working with pupils with ASD, SLD or PMLD would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Specific SEN training is beneficial e.g. Team Teach, PECS, Makaton, TEACCH.
- Ability to work with challenging behaviours
- The desire and ability to work on an individual and team basis.
- Committed & Flexible.
- Have a professional and flexible attitude inline with justeachers policies.
- Have a desire to become part of a committed team.
The salary is competitive and will be dependant on experience.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now on 0800 833243.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo enhanced DBS checks.
Make the most of our Recommendation Bonus Scheme. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50!
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.