Primary Teacher – SEN / ASC Specialist required in Newark
Do you have experience or a passion to work with ASC students?
Are you experienced in primary teaching and looking for a new challenge?.
justteachers are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Primary Teacher to work within one of our partner schools in Newark, Nottinghamshire. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an expanding Key Stage 2 provision and play a key role in the development and learning of students. The school caters for students who have Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties and young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. Most of the young people have a Statement of Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan. The Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give students the best possible educational outcomes.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- To contribute and drive the school’s expansion plans for Key Stage 2
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
- Experience of SATS preparation and assisting young people gain successful SATS outcomes
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
Benefits of working for justteachers:
- Receive excellent rates of pay in line with the national teaching scale
- Consultants dedicated to place you in excellent schools
- Opportunities to network with a number of schools
- NQT support and guidance with induction
- Experience in teaching from a wide range of different socio economic backgrounds
- Access to safeguarding training and ongoing support & development
- Access to a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role apply now or call us on 0800 832243
Make the most of our ‘Recommendation Scheme’. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50.