Leader of Learning (Mathematics) Secondary School
Justteachers are assisting this Secondary School in Tamworth to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring and excellent practitioner to join their expanding, dynamic and forward moving school from September or April 2018.
We are seeking someone with a commitment to excellence and to take a lead role in developing teaching and learning within the School and across the Academy Trust, working closely with the Assistant Head Teacher responsible for Teaching and Learning. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and improve other teachers’ practice to ensure that every student receives excellent opportunities to learn and achieve.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a passion for teaching and learning
- Have a record of consistently delivering strong GCSE results across a range of ability levels
- Have an ability to support, motivate and develop teachers to improve their practice
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students and staff
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be a committed, highly competent, reflective and resilient individual
The School is a popular Specialist Science and Mathematics Academy, situated in Warwickshire, near to Tamworth. It is close to the M42 and M6 motorway junctions and is within easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire and Leicestershire. This is an exciting time to join this School, which became part of the Castle Phoenix Academy Trust on 1st April 2016. The School and Castle Phoenix Trust are committed to improving our students’ educational experiences, raising aspirations, creating opportunities and harnessing imagination, enabling our young people to succeed. We put learning at the centre of everything we do.
The School prides itself on:
- Their success and drive in helping all pupils achieve their full potential – Attainment results for 2016/2017 included 62.7% of students achieving grade 4+ in Mathematics and English.
- Having well-resourced Science laboratories and equipment, including laptops.
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school.
The Mathematics Faculty is embarking on an exciting journey to radically improve performance in the subject so that achievement and progress is significantly better than national figures. Have you got the skills and motivation to be part of the team to make this happen?
Working for justteachers you can expect to receive the following: –
- A competitive salary, between £100-£160 per day depending on experience (AWR applies after a 12 week period)
- Working with a team of dedicated and friendly consultants
- Professional and organised structure
- 24 hour service
- A rewarding teaching environment
- Professional career development
justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all applicants are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and full referencing prior to work for justteachers.
As an agency we pay £50 for every teacher referral so if you know a teacher who is looking to teach supply then please let us know. Please register to apply for this role and to find out about more of our teaching vacancies.