Speech and Language Therapist required in Newark
justteachers are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Speech and Language therapist to work within one of our partner schools in Newark. The schools is a specialist residential school for children and young people aged 9 to 17 years who have social and emotional problems and moderate learning difficulty.
Main Roles and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- To assess and diagnose children with communication disorders, including those with special needs
- To develop and implement Speech and Language Therapy treatment and to evaluate outcomes
- To take clinical responsibility for a varied paediatric caseload of differing complexities and to organise this effectively with regard to clinical priorities and use of time
- To provide advice and coaching to others regarding the management and care of clients with communication difficulties
- To demonstrate clinical effectiveness by use of evidence based practice and outcome measures
- To participate in the development and delivery of training to others with support.
- To demonstrate the ability to reflect on practice with peers/clinical supervisor and to identify own strengths and development needs.
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or Equivalent
- Health Care Professions Council registration.
- RCSLT Licence to Practice
- Relevant knowledge / placement /experience with a range of paediatric communication problems (Speech Disorders, language disorder, ASD, Learning Disabilities).
- Knowledge or experience of a range of assessment tools / therapeutic interventions
- Knowledge of Code of Practice including SEND Reforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including observation, listening and empathy skills
- Well established knowledge of a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions (relevant to the client group)
- The ability to work flexibly in accordance with service needs, including occasional evenings
Benefits of working for justteachers:
- Receive excellent rates of pay in line with the national teaching scale
- Consultants dedicated to place you in excellent schools
- Opportunities to network with a number of schools
- NQT support and guidance with induction
- Experience in teaching from a wide range of different socio economic backgrounds
- Access to safeguarding training and ongoing support & development
- Access to a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role apply now or call us on 0800 832243
Make the most of our ‘Recommendation Scheme’. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50.