Teacher of Science required in Newark
justteachers are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Science Teacher to work within one of our partner schools in Newark, Nottinghamshire. The pupils range from the ages of 10 – 17, therefore interested applicants must have experience of delivering programmes at Key Stage 3 and 4 and Key Stage 2 experience would also be beneficial. Experience of delivering Functional Skills is also desirable. The school caters for children and young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. The Science Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give students the best possible educational outcomes.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver programmes at National Curriculum and GCSE (Functional Skills desirable)
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEMH, Behaviour difficulties and ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
Benefits of working for justteachers:
- Receive excellent rates of pay in line with the national teaching scale
- Consultants dedicated to place you in excellent schools
- Opportunities to network with a number of schools
- NQT support and guidance with induction
- Experience in teaching from a wide range of different socio economic backgrounds
- Access to safeguarding training and ongoing support & development
- Access to a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role apply now or call us on 0800 832243
Make the most of our ‘Recommendation Scheme’. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50.