Learning Support Assistants Required- York- To Start as soon as possible
We are looking to recruit Learning Support Assistants for a school with pupils aged 4-19, many of whom have additional special educational needs.
We are looking for caring individuals to join a team of experienced and supportive colleagues supporting our SEN students. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the very best life chances for our students.
Suitable candidates will be working on a 1:1 basis with pupils with ASC/PMLD/SEMH and Downs Syndrome.
Candidates roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting, assisting and supervising pupils during lessons and at lunchtimes
- Work with individuals or groups of pupils to address targets identified in pupils’ individual education plans
- Promote and reinforce pupils’ self esteem, independence and participation within the school community
- Show sensitivity to the issues surrounding students who may exhibit challenging behaviour, are disaffected, have learning difficulties and complex needs
- Participate in the planning process as directed by class teachers
- Assist in the delivery of intervention and support programmes
- Provide assistance as required in the development of learning resources
- Provide physical assistance where necessary, which may include intimate and personal care
Successful applicants will have:
- Experience with SEN Pupils, although we can often provide training to help support applicants.
- Knowledge of sign language is not required for all posts, we would particularly welcome applicants with experience of, and qualifications in BSL.
- Strong knowledge of working along side members of staff responsible for writing EHCP’s
- A passion for wanting to make a difference of vulnerable young people lives through engaging and creative learning
- Must hold, or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS certificate
justteachers is an established educational supply business specialising in the recruitment and placement of outstanding personnel to a number of educational settings. Some of the benefits to working with justteachers include:
- Competitive and fair rates of pay
- Easy registration
- Ongoing support and development
- No timesheets
- A fantastic 24/7 support team
- Access to a contributory pension scheme
To register your interest in this role, or a similar role in a different area please call 0800 832243.