Full Time Teaching Assistant required for Autistic Pupil
Do you have experience working with children with SEND and want the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children who require your support?
Justteachers is currently seeking a passionate Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant who is reliable and determined to provide a positive learning environment to work within School based in near Ripon.
You will be responsible for supporting a KS2 pupil on a 1:1 basis, delivering extra support for the pupil who is on the Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC).
This long term SEND teaching assistant will be patient and nurturing to ensure the child feels comfortable to work around you. You will undertake work, care and support programmes, to enable access to learning for the individual.
Are you available immediately? We would love to hear from you!
To be eligible you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with children with high dependency and severe learning difficulties
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
- Capability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour or complex learning difficulties
- An observant and responsive approach
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Knowledge of Individual Education/Behavioural plans
- Able to assist with personal care programs
For all applicants we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants
- An opportunity to extend your professional development
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- Recommend a friend Bonus
To browse similar roles please visit our website (www.justteachers.co.uk) or call 0800 832243 and speak to the Skipton team.
Justteachers is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.
Please register for this vacancy below, a member of the team will contact you shortly to discuss this and many more opportunities.