URGENT: ASC Learning Support Assistant – Middlesborough
We are dedicated to delivering specialist education services to children with a wide range of intervention and support needs within our partner schools.
We currently require a full time and experienced ASC Learning Support Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a KS2 pupil within the classroom. The role will involve supporting the pupil, managing behaviour and working along side the teaching staff in a classroom environment.
Previous experience working with pupils on the autistic spectrum is essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to assist in delivering enthusiastic and engaging lessons
- Knowledge and experience of working with ASC pupils
- Previous experience in a SEND environment
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations and requirements
- An outstanding track record in classroom assistance along with being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
- Hold a current enhanced DBS (Child and Adult Checked) on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
- Two recent references that can be verified
This is a fantastic opportunity; this is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficultly in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply and one of our dedicated SEN consultants will contact you to discuss the process further. Alternatively you can call us directly on 0800832243