Do you have experience working in a Secondary school with children with Autism?
- Challenging and rewarding role
- Full time
- Competitive rates of pay
There is a school based in Banbury seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and resilient SEND Teaching Assistant. The school is a residential and day school for boys with Autism. All students are aged between 11-19 years old and have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) – mainly Asperger’s Syndrome, with many having additional needs arising from other diagnoses including ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and language impairment. The students and staff are very pleased to have been rated as Outstanding for both Education and Care by Ofsted. The school is recognised nationally as a ‘confident, outward looking centre of excellence’ for students with Autism.
- Receive and supervise small groups of pupils to complete work set by the class teacher
- Provide levels of individual pastoral support to pupils including those with special needs, as directed by the teacher
- Support the class teacher to develop one to one mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils
- Support the challenge and motivation of pupils, promoting and reinforcing self esteem
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress, achievements, behaviours and attendance
Through working for Justteachers you can expect to receive the following: –
- Working with a team of dedicated and friendly consultants
- Professional and organised structure
- 24 hour service
- A rewarding teaching environment
- Professional career development
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all applicants are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and full referencing prior to work for Justteachers.
As an agency we pay £50 for every teacher referral so if you know a teacher who is looking to teach supply then please let us know. Please apply for this role and to find out about more of our teaching jobs.