Head of English – Outstanding School – Start After Feb Half Term
This is a key post in an outstanding school the post holder will be expected to make significant contributions to whole school literacy, teaching, and learning and to contribute to relevant INSET, in addition to principal responsibilities within the faculty. The candidate will have responsibility for outcomes within the faculty in terms of examination results and as such must be an outstanding practitioner, leading by example. The post holder will lead a large team of outstanding subject specialist teachers.
To apply for this role you MUST have:
- Honours Degree
- Qualified Teacher Status
- To be able to teach English successfully at GCSE level
- To be adaptable to changing circumstances and new ideas
- Must have enthusiasm, energy, self-confidence and perseverance
- To be able to prioritise, plan and organise the work of the faculty
- Proven record of effective team leadership
- To be able to review the quality of teaching and learning, showing a clear understanding of what ‘outstanding’ classroom practice looks like .
- Ability to lead INSET and research at Academy, Trust and Teaching School level Desirable
To apply now submit your details below or call us on 0161 850 0310
Did you know you can easily make £50 with the justteachers recommendation scheme? Go to the Recommend Page and complete the simple form. It’s as easy as that!