Learning Support Assistants
Learning Support Assistant role:
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher
- To support access to learning for pupils – often using initiative to designate the relevant learning tools
- To provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
- To attend to the pupils’ personal needs
- To implement personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
- Supporting pupils who may have complex medical needs and who may need
Emergency medical support – Relevant Training would be desirable
- Supporting pupils who require additional support with communication
- The use of British Sign Language and/or Makaton would be desirable but not essential
- Supporting pupils who may need moving and handling care -Training desirable but not essential
- Team Teach Training would be advantageous but training may be provided where necessary
- To be aware of pupil progress and report to the senior teacher where necessary
- Prepare the classroom as directed for lessons, clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupil’s work.
All candidates must be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
To apply for this job, and many more like this, please apply below