Teaching Assistant needed in Secondary School Hackney, East London
An “Outstanding” Secondary School in Hackney, East London is currently seeking a passionate, reliable and proactive Teaching Assistant, to support learning in core subjects.
The successful candidates will have, or have the potential to be able to:
- Be enthusiastic about working with pupils with SEN
- Be experienced working with individuals across the Autism Spectrum
- Have a passion to work with young people & be committed to safeguarding children.
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team
- A Teaching Assistant or Teaching Qualification is desirable, however not essential
- Teaching the Curriculum and providing classroom support in small groups and on a one-to-one basis for pupils that require additional support.
- Providing support on Core Subjects: English, Maths and Science.
- Working with students who have SEN, and having a good understanding of different SEN: including ADHD, Down’s Syndrome, Autism, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties.
- Setting a good example around the school and promoting inclusion.