Autism Specialist Support Worker Required in South Yorkshire
justteachers are recruiting for a Support Worker with strong SEND and Autism experience in South Yorkshire.
- Do you have SEND and Autism Experience?
- Do you have proven success working within ASC Secondary years?
- Do you have a calm and patient nature with a sense of humour?
- Are you able to adapt easily to any situation?
- Do you have the ability to provide effective and sensitive support?
If you have answered yes to any of the above justteachers would love to hear from you. We are looking for staff to cover long and short term opportunities, working alongside class teachers, SENCos and other senior staff within schools in the South Yorkshire area, including Doncaster, Barnsley and Sheffield.
Ideally you will have some of the following:
- A Teaching Assistant qualification or have experience in Youth Work, as a Sports Coach or have a degree and/or experience in Psychology
- Experience in Key Stage 3 or 4
- Working knowledge of SEMH, ASC, SLCN or in supporting pupils with Numeracy or Literacy
- Be able to supply at least 2 education/school based references
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo enhanced DBS checks.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call justteachers on 0800 832 243
Make the most of our ‘Recommendation Scheme’. Simply email RAF@justteachers.co.uk with the name and contact details of the teacher you wish to recommend together with your name and address and we will send you £50.