Science Teacher needed in Preston starting October 2016
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative Science Teacher with good behaviour management skills to work within one of our partner secondary schools starting in October 2016. Our client is looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable teacher to deliver engaging lessons both inspiring and encouraging pupils
The school holds academy status and caters for approximately 680 students aged 11-16. The school has been graded ‘good’ by Ofsted 2014 and the students have achieved fantastic results with approximately 75% achieving 5 A* to C GCSE grades.
The school sets high standards for teaching and learning and offers a supportive network and leadership team for all staff and provides a high quality learning environment for students to achieve their full potential.
The position will be full time from October 2016 for one year to cover a maternity leave. The successful candidate will be required to teach all Sciences across key stages 3 and 4.
Suitable candidates will need to have:
- A solid understanding of the curriculum and know how to track pupils progress
- Ability to plan and deliver creative and motivating lessons.
- Skills to ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- Vision, commitment and the ability engage pupils with varied abilities
- Enthusiastic, resourceful and motivated to ensure the highest possible standards of student attainment, personal development and well-being are achieved.
Working with justteachers means you will be entitled to some fabulous benefits, these include:
- Competitive Rates of Pay ranging from £100 – £160 per day
- A dedicated and friendly consultant who will support your career aspirations
- Professional career development – access to a range of bespoke training courses
- 24 hour service
- AWR applies after a 12 week period.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If you are dynamic and creative and truly passionate about teaching and learning, please apply below for this and many more.
Justteachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.