Final call for funded summer school sign up- deadline is Friday 7th May.
Published: Friday May 07 2021 by Melanie Crewe
To prepare for the next academic year, secondary schools can run face-to-face summer schools to boost pupils’ academic learning and support their wellbeing through fun activities.
This is aimed at incoming Year 7 pupils and other pupils who would benefit. If you intend to run a summer school, you will need to sign up today, Friday 7th May. It takes no more than a couple of minutes.
Who can sign up?
- mainstream academies and maintained schools with secondary age pupils
- alternative provision academies with secondary age pupils
- pupil referral units with secondary age pupils
- special academies and special maintained schools with secondary age pupils
What happens next?
In June, schools will be asked to confirm their plans and in September, schools will be asked to confirm that the summer school has taken place. They will be required to provide information on the pupils who took part. Funding will then be provided.
Join an hour-long webinar at 4pm on Wednesday 12th May hosted by gov.uk where you can find out more information about summer schools. You don't need to book a place and can join on the day using this link.
Looking for more information on summer schools?
- Watch headteacher, Mr Layzell, explain why he is running a summer school to boost learning and create a sense of community.
- This blog for parents, ‘Everything you need to know about summer schools’, explains how summer schools can help their child.
If you have any questions you can direct them to: email@example.com.
If you are a school looking for additional staff to help run the summer school programme, please do not hesitate to contact your local justteachers team to discuss further.